another Welsh cake

"Lovely recipe, took me back to when my mother used to make them" , Judy said in a comment here.
What can I say ? I just say that, I made this cake(as a biscuit) in a snowy afternoon with -21 C, with a strong fire in my stove and after I drunk a glass of dry red wine. I don't know if this fact has some relevance but, my Welsh cake was amazing. Of course I made some changes to the recipe, but, how else?








Ingredients:

  • 300-350 gr flour
  • 100-150 g butter
  • 75g sugar
  • 100g raisins
  • ½ -1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp ginger powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 white egg
I said to myself that a little bit of change may be great and,I adapted Jamie's option to my recipe: vanilla cream. I cuted biscuits in half and I filled them with cream.Then, I served'em with berries syrup. Great taste, more than enough 'sweet' for a cold afternoon and a must be recipe into the Grandma's notebook.



Romanian version:
  • 300-350 gr faina
  • 100-150 g unt
  • 75g zahar
  • 100g stafide
  • ½ -1 l-ta rasa de praf de copt
  • 1 l-ta ghimbir pudra
  • 1 l-ta scortisoara
  • 1/4 l-ta sare
  • 1 ou
  • 1 albus
Amesteca faina cu ingredientele uscate. Incorporeaza untul ca pt. un aluat fraged apoi amesteca-l cu stafidele. Adauga oul si albusul. Daca aluatul e prea dur, poti adauga putina smintina sau lapte. Ruleaza-l sub forma unei baghete apoi taie din ea discuri pe care le vei aplatiza, dindu-le forma de biscuiti. Coace-i in tigaie fara grasime sau pe plita.
Ca o variatiune, taie biscuitii in doua si umple-i cu crema de vanilie. Serveste-i cu sirop de fructe de padure.


Enjoy it !

No comments: